Frank Maier

Default Best 34 foot blue water cruiser

(Bob Whitaker) wrote:
Hello,

Been thinking of moving up to the 30-34 foot range, ideally a sailboat
that would provide safety in open waters, extended cruising
situations. Would love to get a Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34, but "The
Admiral" won't let me, and the bank won't either... I would prefer a
project boat (I would actually enjoy it). Heard great things of Cal
34's. What other boats do folks recommend. Goal is extended coastal
cruising, crossing Gulf of Mexico (Corpus Christi, TX to FL), keys,
Bahamas, maybe extended Caribbean cruising.

I'm a big fan of the Freedom line; so, my recommendation would be an
early 80s Freedom 32, with a sugarscoop added to make it a 34.

Frank