Dionysus Feldman

Default On-Topic: rec.boats FAQ

While I am new to this newsgroup, I am by no means new to usenet. Under
different identities I have participated in a variety of groups -- for
more than 10 years. My first browser was Mosaic.

Every group in which I've participated has run into this problem -- I
don't think there's a direct correlation, and even so, correlation does
not prove causation.

What's the point? Most posters are good about titling their posts so
that those of us who choose to participate in political newsgroups to
discuss politics can ignore the political posts here. This is a
significant improvement over other groups.

I don't know why the posters wish to discuss politics here, instead of
in the talk.* groups, but I also don't think anyone should stop them.
The only real choice is a moderator, or driving political posters out of
the group.

So I say leave the status quo, and as long as posters use "OT", those of
us who aren't interested can filter them.