[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default OT...Drugs just to stay alive....

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 23:44:21 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:13:19 -0800,
wrote:

I don't think we can actually compare the buying of the congress in
the 40s like we do now. There were certainly the earmark bribes but
you did not have billion dollar ad campaign costs (even adjusted for
inflation)

I agree. You can't compare the two, however earmarks are not the
terrible thing you make them out to be. Some are wasteful, but many
actually do good at the local level.

The problem is not the earmark itself, it is what the receiving
congressman sold his vote for on another bill to get it.

(I will vote for your bridge if you will vote for the war)

There are always going to be abuses. In any case, most earmarks are
for worthy projects as far as I can tell.