Jere Lull

Default Cleaning lines (ropes to the lubbers!)

In article ,
Dave wrote:

Does bring up a question, however. I see that the marine stores seem to sell
braided nylon lines for tying up to a dock. I've never thought that made
much sense, since my impression is that braided has considerably less
stretch than 3 strand of the same diameter, and I'd prefer to have that
stretch to take up shock and to some extent allow for extraordinary low
tides (not to mention the fact that it's a lot easier to throw an eye splice
in 3 strand).. What do you folks think?

Dave

Friends gave us some braided lines that we used a couple of times.
They're purty, but I only use them for temporary tie-ups. They really
don't stretch much.

--
Jere Lull