April M. Williams April M. Williams is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJB View Post
"Falls of Clyde" will be sunk unless rescue arrives soon

The Falls of Clyde, formerly a main attraction in Honolulu Harbor,
will be sunk next month unless a buyer comes forward with the millions
of dollars needed to save it, the Bishop Museum said yesterday.

Plans to sink the 128-year-old ship, which has been serving as a
centerpiece for the museum's Maritime Center, could be carried out in
a matter of weeks, according to Blair Collis, vice president and chief
operating officer of the museum.

SNIP
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...LOCALNEWSFRONT

http://tinyurl.com/6jwzb4

Oversight of this ship is now with the Friends of Falls of Clyde though she is still in danger of deteriorating. We recently toured the ship and met with members of the non-profit preservation group. Our full article and video of our tour is posted on "Where Are You Today" travel site http://aprilmwilliams.com/umtmw

April M. Williams