posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Swim Platform Project

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:07:04 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

Looks great Wayne!
Lot's of knowledgeable guys on another group report success with sealing
exterior teak with West epoxy and varnishing or painting over that. Haven't
tried it myself but it sounds good.

What I have done with great success it use a warm thin coat of epoxy as
a sanding sealer (not really cost effective unless you are buying your
epoxy in bulk as I was) and then using a good UV protective Spar Varnish
over it..

Yes, I've heard of that. In fact there is a special epoxy made just
for that purpose called CPES (Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer). I
might give it a try.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=1269&familyName=Smiths+Cold+CP ES+Epoxy