Justin C[_37_] Justin C[_37_] is offline

Default Hybrid Energy Drive / Eco-Sailing

In article , Bruce wrote:
On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 19:20:11 +0000, Justin C

They put a small amount of current through the motors as the same time
as using them to generate, this partially compensates for the drag -
according to last month's Yachting Monthly feature.

Perhaps I'm a cynic but it sounds like pie in the sky.

I'm prepared to suspend belief, I'm only quoting from the article.
However, if they have achieved what the article says, then that's
something quite special.

Of course if they put a small amount of current through the device,
i.e., power it, it will result in less drag. But of course it also
results in less net current generated.

Frankly it sounds very much like a perpetual motion machine.

Not quite perpetual motion, they're only claiming that they can reduce
the drag of the props to 5% by supplying some power.

Be sceptical, if it's for real we'll hear about it from other sources
over time, even some that we trust.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.