John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Helping the Hungry

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:10:25 -0500, HarryK wrote:

On 11/16/10 9:30 AM, John H wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:15:47 -0500, wrote:

Thanks to our tanked economy, there are millions of Americans who are
going through hard times this holiday season.

You can make a difference through your charitable contributions to
non-profit organizations that help the needy with food, shelter,
clothing, medical care, et cetera.

There are many organizations that help.

Here's one:

http://feedingamerica.org/

And another.

http://dcist.com/2010/11/giant_to_li...army_colle.php

Giant has lost my business this Christmas.

Wow...that sucks.

From the article:

"Giant said that they don't want the bells to "hinder their [customers']
shopping experience."

What a bunch of b.s. The Salvation Army kettles are part of the holiday
experience. Besides, what kind of "shopping experience" is there at a
supermarket? It's just a supermarket, and not a particularly good one.

Remember when Giant was locally owned? It was a far better organization
before it was bought out by a series of distant corporate empires.

I called Giant's Consumer Affairs office. The lady acted surprised when I said I'd not be shopping
there.

Here, I'll save you the trouble:

Consumer Affairs
1-888-469-4426