HarryK HarryK is offline

Default All quiet

On 11/15/10 3:51 PM, YukonBound wrote:

"Paul@BYC" wrote in message
It's all quiet on the western, eastern, northern, and southern front
here! Just C.Bill, JPS, Yukon and W1TEF (is that shorthand for amateur
radio?)...

Got out on the boat this past weekend for the last time this year.
Caught no fish, possibly because we just rode around and brought no bait.

Saw a boat I wouldn't mind having, a Hunt 29. Deep vee, nicely
finished and looks fast.

On Saturday I jacked up the axle of my Princecraft so I could put blocks
beneath the rear trailer frame.
Now the weight is off the springs and wheels.
Today I ran some Sta-Bil enhanced gas through the 25 hp Johnson while
spraying fogging oil in the carb.
Next I removed the sparkplugs and sprayed the fogging oil there plus
over the metal parts under the cowling.
I found my gear oil container nearly empty.... but I drained the old out
and pumped the container dry replenishing it.
I was a few ounces short but I'll wait until spring before topping up
the last bit.
Tomorrow I'll take the summer cover off, remove the battery and put the
winter tarps on.

For boaters, winter up north...sux! :)

I've got my winter outdoor project ahead of me: I hope to start building
my deck about the second week of December and finish it up before the
New Year.

The concrete is supposed to be poured on either Wednesday, Thursday or
Friday, depending on the weather. I'll seriously consider playing with
my carpentry tools in early December. My decking lumber (the Ipe, not
the structural lumber) is supposed to be delivered about the first week
of December. Weather permitting, I'll have the structure up just before
the first of the year. Maybe.

Fortunately, I have room in the garage to stack and store the lumber, so
"shrinkage" will not be a problem.