Don White

Default Chartering a sailboat at the Isle of Skye?

wrote in message

Hi,

my first posting here, been lurking for some time.

Question is pretty straightforward: I will go to a business trip on
the Isle of Skye in early June and thought about combining this with a
couple days of sailing. A week max.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? What to do, what to avoid?
Any tips on where to rent a boat? The only place google found for me
is www.isleofskyeyachts.co.uk.

I am a reasonably experienced sailor (own a boat on the Chesapeake,
have chartered in the Med etc) but never sailed in Scotland. I guess
I would have to get used to higher tides and colder water; anything
else in particular?

Thanks!

--Ernst

For starters...deciphering the 'funny talk' and wearing a kilt in high
winds. :-)