Bob Taylor[_2_] Bob Taylor[_2_] is offline

Default Emma Maresk

otnmbrd wrote:
1 TEU is not 20 cubic feet.....it is 20'X 8" X @8". The majority of the
containers you are seeing on deck are probably 40 footers and don't forget
what is stowed below that you can't see

I never heard of a TEU and was going by what the post said. On the
shot from the side (#1) I count 20 slots and on the shot from the rear
I count 6 high and 22 wide. That makes 2640. If there are as many
below, that is still only 5280 which is a little over a third of 15,000.

Bob Taylor wrote in
:

It says below "Cargo capacity - 15,000 TEU (1 TEU = 20 cubic feet)"
When I try to count the containers on the ship I see maybe 2000 - 2500
max

That's a lot! When one of the CSX stackers comes by I see maybe 200,
usually a lot less. So that is ten or more trains. A lot.