Jere Lull

Default Gasoline pumped to diesel tank.....

In article ,
"Ytter" wrote:

Engsol! Engine would start-run for 3-4 sec and die,then I started again
after I checked thermostat-was OK,changed oil and filter.,I pushed the
throttle almost to the max ,black smoke,muddy,greasy,heavy smoke came out
with some water-engine run for 2 min and continue spiting this black water
and stopped abruptly,cut like a knife-mechanic was present when we did that
and said that he doesn't know what is wrong.He has spent 2 hours checking
what was wrong and left me without answer.Of course took the money for
trying.
Ytter

The overheating sounds bad. Hope you were exaggerating.

The black smoke and dying COULD be something else, though: As soon as I
poured on cruise power after our first fill one season (late June after
a November end-of-season fill), we got just about what you describe and
thought for sure I'd put gas into the tank. Long story short: Had to
change the filters twice, then clean the last one (I only carry 2
spares), bleeding each time. Was a BIG shot of algae.

--
Jere Lull