Steven Shelikoff

Default Web site with ICW charts to view?

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:15:10 GMT, (Larry W4CSC) wrote:

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:47:10 -0500, "mcorwin"
wrote:

Hi- does anyone know of a web site where I could view charts of the ICW?
TIA, Michael

Surely you jest.......

Just because your taxes paid for the damned charts, cartography that
drew them and all the research that went into them....that doesn't
mean you actually can USE or download them without paying some 3rd
party who's bribed your government for exclusive rights to them......

Dammit all....Someone should hang!

I'm surprised to hear you complain about the gumint actually recouping
some of it's cost, a savings to the taxpayers, and even using private
industry to affect it. Is it because this just happens to be an area
that you'd like to benefit from even though the vast majority of
taxpayers have no use for free nautical charts?

Steve