posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default mixing gas and oil questions

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:54:44 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Never mind whether or not a certified mechanic can be trusted or whether or
not I selectively read. At least one poster has verified doubling the oil
during breakin so it stands to reason that it MIGHT be possible that the
manual actually says the same about severe operating conditions...

I don't think so. That's when you're likely to experience
pre-ignition/detonation due to the lowered self ignition temperature
of the fuel mix.