posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default mixing gas and oil questions

Interesting that my comments should have had the group ranting and raving.

Nice, however, to see WH/GH ack their duality, finally, after all the "he's
my roommate" and the like denials.

Meanwhile, inquiring minds still want to know...

Why do outboard manufacturers insist that you run double the oil during
breakin, and under severe operating conditions, if it's likely to blow out
the pistons as liquid aluminum?

Never mind whether or not a certified mechanic can be trusted or whether or
not I selectively read. At least one poster has verified doubling the oil
during breakin so it stands to reason that it MIGHT be possible that the
manual actually says the same about severe operating conditions...

L8R

Skip, chasing his starting issues, still, report to follow

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.
In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.
Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."