John Smith

Default Advice about '68 Newport 30'?

Stephen, I would not worry too much what it will be worth in ten years. I f
you think it is worth the money now, go for it!! Who really cares what it
is worth in ten years.

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
Hi, sorry to just drop in, but I think I can get a 1968 Newport 30' for
under $7000. I grew up sailing my dad's Blanchard 33' in Kaneohe Bay,
and between the HI islands, so I can sail, probably rusty, but anyway,
assuming I get a survey and nothing terrible is wrong, the Atomic 4 is
recently rebuilt, tiller, Autohelm, decent electronics, shore power, a
few other things, any particular big reason I shouldn't buy it? And, oh
yeah, I don't have much more than that to spend. What do you think the
boat will be worth in ten years? Any guesses?

Thanks,

Stephen