Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Maiden voyage

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:28:28 -0400, Secular Humouresque
wrote:

That's probably about right for 8 kts but you will carbon up your
turbos and rings in no time at all if you run at that speed for long
durations. Fuel will look cheap compared to the overhaul.

If I were you, I'd be out on it today. Once you get the hang of
docking a twin engine boat it should be easy to take out by yourself,
and you can probably run all day on only $300 to $600 of fuel. What
the heck, it's only money big spender.

Busy today; I'm not retired. Sunday looks good. Temps supposed to be a
little higher, too.

I'm pleased *you* are so concerned about how much I might spend on fuel
while boating, w'hine, but I'm not concerned. I rarely run a boat's
engines "all day," and on those occasions when I do, I have the money to
pay for the fuel.

I'm sure some of our resident archivists will be able to dig up the
post where you explained why you sold the 24 ft Parker because it
burned too much fuel.