jeannette

Default How to find boats sailing from California to Marquesas this spring 2004

But if you leave in May you get to the pacific in time for Hurricane
season. Not my idea of fun. I'd rather be hot.

From NOAA:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...ricanes03.html

The eastern North Pacific hurricane season officially begins on May
1st, generally peaks in late August/early September and concludes
around the beginning of November. On May 20th, a tropical depression
approximately 650 miles south of Manzanillo, Mexico became the first
tropical storm of the 2003 season for the eastern North Pacific.
Tropical Storm Andres reached maximum windspeeds of 40 knots (46 mph)
and never threatened land. T.S. Andres was downgraded to a depression
on the 24th.

On 4 Mar 2004 11:49:05 -0800, (Bob) wrote:

Hi, we are almost off on our first ocean passage, but would love the
security of doing so with other boats nearby. Does anyone know how I
might find other boats sailing from California to the Marquesas in
early May of 2004? Are there rallies? Supposedly about 300-400 boats
go every year and presumably many in April/May as that's the last
chance before huricane season starts in July. Next chance is November
and if you go then, you get to the SOuth Pacific in the heat and
humidity of the austral summer.

Thanks, Bob

Jeannette
aa6jh