*e#c *e#c is offline

Default Social Networking

On Oct 11, 3:23*pm, "JustWaitAFrekinMinute!"
wrote:
On Oct 11, 1:58*pm, "nom=de=plume" wrote:

"I am Tosk" wrote in ...

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:19:00 -0400, Secular Humouresque
wrote:

Who is a regular user of social networking venues such as facebook, my
space, twitter, et cetera?

Not interested in your user names, just whether you use it regularly.

Not here. Seems silly to me. If you want a place to put up your
photos, set up a web page. Spare your friends and family from ads,
spam and tracking cookies.

Actually facebook is working it's way into our community and in fact is
a real standard now.

We FB with about a hundred close friends. We know who is going to
practice tracks, and "where you riding today", "who is going to rocky, I
need a tire", "which race we all doing this weekend", "any private
tracks open today", "anybody drive me to the track, I got gas money",
"oh man, crashed my bike, won't see you guys for a couple weeks till I
get parts"...

We also have first hand, instant information on race results around the
NE, injury reports, keep in touch with down riders, and set up rides,
events, homework... on a daily basis.

On a tangent though, I require my kids AND the folks she talks to, to
leave my access to their accounts open and I monitor heavily what she
writes and if her friends want to "friend" her, they must follow my
rules.. I have pulled posts down and once had to ground her for a week,
but she gets it, she knows every word she types is there forever.

My wife is in a similar situation with the horse community, they are
always on, as there is always issues with horses and riders, and trying
to schedule riding time together.

--
Can you imagine being the first President since President Carter, to be
compared to President Carter?

I don't see how you can require yours kids' friends to do anything. How
would you even know? That's just dumb. Why not just require everyone in the
6 degrees of separation of your kids to give you open access.... that would
include just about everyone.- Hide quoted text -

Simple, tell your kids to act like young adults on line, and your kids
can talk to my kids on line... period. Hey, no kids are perfect, but
my kids are required to act like aspiring professionals when in open
forums.. No cussing, no rude jokes, no teasing or taunting... Well
except for Crew and Skyler, but they are big boys, they can take it

And yes, my kid hangs out with kids who don't mind if I see what they
write.. They are pretty good kids, maybe geeks, but they refer to
themseoves as "intellectual badasses"...

Unlike their Father, an unemployed, hateful little **** with no
aspirations to help his poor Wife support the family?