nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default Social Networking

wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:47:43 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

There's a big diff between having a rule about cussing, etc., and
demanding
access to other people's kids accounts, which is what Tosk was saying.
Seeing what other people are writing is pretty easy if you have access to
your kids' account. Why would you need access to other parents' kids'
accounts?

I don't have the details but there is a news story on tonight's news
about some web based tracking software that will crawl all over your
kid's facebook posts and send you a summary of every page they are
involved with.

I guess we are teaching them about Big Brother early.

I don't see a problem with parents being concerned and engaged. That seems a
bit much, but if the child is difficult or has had a change in behavior,
etc., then it might be justified. If this were done with adults by other
adults, that's a different, and perhaps legal, issue.