Tim Tim is offline

Default Total request for non-ethanol "marine" fuel

On Oct 9, 11:37*am, "A.Boater" wrote:
On *9-Oct-2010, Tim wrote:

Well, I USE my boats, but they *have chevy engines in them, they seem
to run on the 89.5 stuff just fine., and I agree that a 50/50 blend is
no really a good nor a practical idea.

I think the stuff will burn in any engine, but your power will decrease and
you fuel burn per hour will increase. That is just a physical reality that
alcohol has less heat energy than gasoline.

My point has been that there is water, water unforeseen by the engineers
that designed the marine fuel systems, sitting in and traveling through your
fuel system. Your fuel tank(s), fuel lines, and fuel distribution system is
being damaged. It is just a matter of time before you become painfully aware
of the problem. *There is also the problem that you will experience phase
separation and that you will be burning ONLY on alcohol, if you don't get
only water. Back to the 2-cycle folks. If you experience phase separation,
your 2-cycle oil separates out of the fuel and you have no lubrication.

And that's a bad problem with the E-85 fuel, Even with quality
stabilizers, the oil dosn't blend with the fuel and ends up totally
separating. Even if shaken well, the two properties get a divorce
really quick.
this is off the cuff, but I'd think that the boat mechanics love it
because it's good for business.