Jack[_3_] Jack[_3_] is offline

Default Health Care Enrollment - Looks good

On Oct 9, 10:15*am, BAR wrote:
In article 556f91cc-f256-4845-9f8d-
,
says...

On Oct 7, 7:34*pm, Jim wrote:
Just did a once-over on the docs for 2011 enrollment that came in the
mail, and a provider lookup.
Looks like my premiums are about the same as for 2010.

Looks like "Obamacare" caused my employer (large multi-national) to
squeeze out the HMO and probably keep the PPO price in check.
Figures, since they're paying 50% and have negotiating clout.

Jim - hehe.

Count yourself as very lucky. *Those of us that work at much smaller
companies saw increases in the 150 - 200% range. *Efforts to reel that
in included concessions like doubling of deductibles and max out-of-
pockets amounts that range in the $2000-3000 ballpark.

Obamacare is VERY expensive for the majority of Americans.

Jack - not laughing

I haven't seen my 2011 benefits package yet nor has my wife seen hers.

I work for a company of 40,000 employees and my wife works for a company
of 170,000 employees. Over the past 5 years or so my health insurance
has cost about $100 ever two weeks where my wife's has cost about $200
per week. The plans are very similar but the costs are extremely
different. My cost is $2600 per year and my wife's is $10,400 per year.
Obviously we go with my insurance.

Those are large enough companies that they can get good deals from the
insurance companies. I work for a company of 75 employees. When we
went shopping for insurance (after the renewal came in with such a
large hike) several insurance companies told us they were no longer
even offering policies to companies under 100 employees.