Tim Tim is offline

Default Total request for non-ethanol "marine" fuel

On Oct 9, 8:13*am, Secular Humouresque wrote:
On 10/9/10 9:04 AM, Tim wrote:

On Oct 9, 7:55 am, Secular *wrote:
On 10/9/10 8:44 AM, Tim wrote:

On Oct 9, 7:24 am, Secular * *wrote:
On 10/8/10 10:12 PM, Tim wrote:

On Oct 8, 8:52 pm, * * *wrote:
Tim wrote:
http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottaw....php?id=415267

i wish more stations offered non-blended fuel. If there was easier
access for pure fossil fuel, I probably would have second thoughts
about converting my pontoon over to a 4 cycle and ditching the v-4
Johnson.

E15 is OK for newer motors - so they say...

And it possible may be, but mine is a 1977. *And I'll probably run it
till it craters, then use up my spare 115 evinrude I have sitting int
he back of my building.

And maybe gas stations should sell leaded fuel to accommodate the owners
of old wreck cars.

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals

They do! * Older cars run fairly well on the un-leaded fuel available
today even on the 15 % ethanol blend.

. But you don't have to have ethanol in every motor fuel.

i don't recall when ethanol became part of the gasoline that is sold
everywhere, but none of the outboards I've owned dating back to the
1990's every had any fuel-related problems, even when 60 gallons of it
sat in the boat over the winter. That list of outboards includes 90, 115
and 135 hp mercs, and 150 and 225 hp yamahas. Maybe it would be easier
for you to buy a decent used outboard made in this century.

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals

Not really. i seed know reason to payy many thousands of dollars for
an outbaord . any outboard

Is that like my rationale for avoiding at all costs I/O's?

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals

LOL! could be.