nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default George W. Bush's accomplishments

wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:37:09 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

The only time we had troops on the ground in Iraq was during Bush I,

Using your logic, Germany was never at war with the UK. They never had
troops on the ground there either, they were just flying over and
bombing.

?? This is your logic not mine. You're trying to equate the US with Nazi
Germany. It doesn't hold.

You are the one who defines "war" as "troops on the ground".
I am just trying to understand that.
We blockaded Iraq, denied them the use of the air space over their
country with deadly force and killed a lot of innocent civilians.
All of those things are acts of war.
You prefer the "death from the air" method of warfare. In 1940 they
called that "The Blitz"
You are only upset that we actually put some of our people at risk by
taking the next logical step.

Sorry, but you're way off base on this. It's not reasonable to equate the
two countries.