nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default George W. Bush's accomplishments

wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:30:38 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

All we have done is strengthen the Taliban. They are now the patriots
and we are the invader. It has come out that Bin Laden was only the
finance anyway. The real mastermind behind 9-11 was Khalid Sheikh
Mohammed and we have been torturing him in Gitmo for years.
The real deterrent to serious attacks these days is cutting off the
money, not chasing ghosts around the mountains of SE Afghanistan.
We have become very successful at that, using drug war tools.

Among some, I'm sure that's true. Most Afghanistan people just want to
live
in peace and they don't particularly like the Taliban.

True but we are giving the Taliban the reason to make them believe we
are the bad guys.
Nothing tags you as a bad guy faster that blowing up a bunch of women
and children.

We don't do that regularly, and compared to what the Taliban did and does,
it's noise.

It's nice to know you have inside information about who is doing what to
whom wrt to terrorism. I'm sure the intelligence community would like to
hear from you!

This is on the f*cking Wiki 9-11 page, (KSM/9-11) it is not a secret.

Actually, we stopped torturing him during the Bush administration, and it
was over a couple of months, not years. So much for your facts.

OK we haven't tortured him lately. He is still locked up and we will
end up hanging him some day.

And, how do you propose we "cut off the money"? We've not been successful
doing that using "drug war" tools. Actually, the Taliban were pretty good
at
it.

We are using the same kind of tracking money transfers they used to
stop the Colombia/Caymans money laundering. Now the Taliban is left
with moving money the same way the Mexican drug cartels do, in cash.
That is not easy to do from Kandahar and we are monitoring all
communications in and out of the area. OBL may be there and he may
have some millions of dollars in a bank somewhere but he has no way to
access it and if he does try, we will take the money ... just like we
would if a drug dealer had it. I guarantee you, if you wire $1000 to
your kid somewhere, NSA will see that transaction and someone will
look you both over. Back in the olden days it would only be the DEA
and IRS looking.