nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default George W. Bush's accomplishments

wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:47:32 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 00:50:50 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:38:51 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

In all fairness....

Yeah right, a partisan rant is fair I guess.

BTW history may say the Iraq war deposed one of the worst dictators of
the 20th century and Afghanistan accomplished nothing ... at about the
same price.

The Iraq war was started not because of some ugly dictator. It was
started
because of the neocon wetdream vision of transforming the middle east
into
laissez-faire capitalism.

Iraq all about Israel, as the upcoming Iran war will be.

Nope. The Jews didn't do it this time. It was the right-wing Christians.

Saddam never threatened the US and Iran is not threatening the US. You
do the math. Who are they threatening?

Our oil interests in the region. Do the math.

Afg was and is a useless war. There is nothing to win there.

Nope. The Taliban supported and protected bin laden. There was and
possibly
still is something to stablize.

All we have done is strengthen the Taliban. They are now the patriots
and we are the invader. It has come out that Bin Laden was only the
finance anyway. The real mastermind behind 9-11 was Khalid Sheikh
Mohammed and we have been torturing him in Gitmo for years.
The real deterrent to serious attacks these days is cutting off the
money, not chasing ghosts around the mountains of SE Afghanistan.
We have become very successful at that, using drug war tools.

Among some, I'm sure that's true. Most Afghanistan people just want to live
in peace and they don't particularly like the Taliban.

It's nice to know you have inside information about who is doing what to
whom wrt to terrorism. I'm sure the intelligence community would like to
hear from you!

Actually, we stopped torturing him during the Bush administration, and it
was over a couple of months, not years. So much for your facts.

And, how do you propose we "cut off the money"? We've not been successful
doing that using "drug war" tools. Actually, the Taliban were pretty good at
it.