nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default George W. Bush's accomplishments

wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 06:04:07 -0400, Secular Humoresque
wrote:

On 10/7/10 1:48 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:38:51 -0700,
wrote:

In all fairness....

Yeah right, a partisan rant is fair I guess.

BTW history may say the Iraq war deposed one of the worst dictators of
the 20th century and Afghanistan accomplished nothing ... at about the
same price.

Nothing was accomplished in Iraq, either, except to make it easier for
Iran to dominate that part of the world. As for the "rant" about Bush,
it is important to remember how badly he ****ed this country and the
rest of the world. His screw-ups brought us to where we are today.

I agree we had no business being in Iraq but Clinton and Bush 1 were
there keeping the fire stoked. We should have come home in 1991.

Nope. They were containing Saddam. It worked.

This was still all about Israel. If we didn't take out Saddam, Israel
was going to try to and we would have been drawn is as Israel's ally
when the war escalated, a far worse position than just being the
cowboys with bad intel.

This has little to do with Israel, even though that's a convenient
forgetting of the facts.

Unfortunately our Afghan war has still put is in the position of being
at war with Islam.

Only in the eyes of the radicals. Unfortunately, they're very good at
spreading that lie. Look at the hatred people in _this_ country have toward
Muslims.