cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default September Surprises...

wrote:
On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 08:05:17 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 06:38:09 -0400,
wrote:

With what you describe as your needs, this is meaningless. You are
already far beyond what you can generate on your sailboat, no matter
what small savings you make in some areas. You are way over the top.

Depends on the boat - alternator size, battery bank capacity,
solar/wind chargers, etc.

We are talking about Cavelamb's sailboat, with very limited electrical
capacity, as you would find on the majority of smaller cruising
sailboats.

It can hold out for two or three days.
And that's the limit of my cruising for now.

--

Richard Lamb