Bernard W. Joseph

Default Shipping my boat? ( Ancient City Marine Transport? )

Matt Colie wrote:
Matt,

If you have a J-24 and no trailer, consider buying a trailer now.
In Wisconsin, you will need a cradle to store the boat anyway.
J-24s aren't that all that heavy. If you have one, you will probably
want to take it other places for events anyway. If you join any one of
the clubs there with a hoist, you may want to dry-sail and if you do the
club will probably require you to have a trailer.

Matt Colie

Matt Newcomb wrote:

G'day,

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has any comments to make about a
company called "Ancient City Marine Transport". I'm about to hire
them to move my J/24 out to wisconsin. This is the first time I've
had someone move my boat, so does anyone have any suggestions of
things to watch out for and things to do.

Thanks,

Matt Newcomb

I agree with Colie. As to Ancient City: You'd do better asking locally
than asking in the newsgroup.

Good luck!

--
Bernard W. Joseph http://www.appliedgrammar.com
"Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise."