posted to rec.boats.building

Default Jet Outboard Steering

As I'm sure you are aware in a lot of bigger outboard applications it can be
really hard to turn the wheel under high throttle due to side torque. Its
why a lot of (most?) bigger bass boats have hydraulic steering. Any reason
you can see not to go with dual cable push pull steering on with a jet lower
unit? Obviously push pull cables require maintenance, but so do hydraulic
systems.

I'm probably going to wrap up the weld & rebuild on The Tin Can Too in the
next couple months and I have a bigger project in mind. I already have a
decent push pull system laying around from another boat I cut up and threw
in the dumpster a piece at a time.