Capt Frank Hopkins

Default New Crownline 270CR vs Regal 2765 Express Cruisers

Hi Dallas,

I used to own a Regal 35', which I bought from Boat Tree. When I took
delivery, Boat Tree's grease monkeys had not replaced an oil cap screw in
the starboard outdrive. The Drive failed after about 3 hours and guess what.
No warranty!

Regal would not return my phone calls claiming it was my negligence. It
took a lawyer and 3 years to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, I had to lay
out ten thousand + dollars for a new outdrive.

These days I own a Formula and love the boat. They are well made,
comfortable, and built like a battleship. NEVER had a service issue with
Formula nor the dealer. Be it known that Marina One has bent over backwards
to help out with the only problem I have ever had. (Failed "black box" on
port engine.)

Marina One, Inc.
1-561 625-5440
www.formulaboats.com
--
Capt. Frank

__c
\ _ | \_
__\_| oooo \_____
~~~~|______________/ ~~~~~
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks
"DallasBoater" wrote in message
om...
We've owned a 19ft runabout for about 8 yrs and are ready to make the
leap to an Trailerable Express Cruiser. We already own an F250
Diesel, so towing weight won't be an issue. We've done our research
and visited multiple boat shows over the past 2 years and have
narrowed our selection to two boats (in no particular order):

Crownline 270CR
http://www.crownline.com/models.php?id=270_cr_04

Regal Commodore 2765
http://www.regalboats.com/viewBoat/i...at&boat_id=120

The boats are comparably priced with similar available options except
for the fact that the Crownline has an available Radar Arch, while the
Regal does not -- but the Regal is a little longer.

I would like to hear any opinions from owners of either of these 2
boats. Here is my assessment of the two -- let me know if I'm missing
anything?

The Crownline has a better quality finish from the vinyl, to the
quality of the deck cleats & other hardware. The Crownline has an
optional Captains Call through the side hull exhaust (which I like).
The Crownline has a double captains chair vs. single on the Regal.
The Crownline has name brand Bomar windows. Every Crownline owner I
have talked has been VERY satisfied with their boats. (This is the
first yr for the 270CR model)

The Regal is more spacious for the same money. Nice finish and a
better warranty. Access to the mid cabin is MUCH better and it has
much more clearance for sleeping. But every cruiser owner we have met
said they always sleep in the v-berth, so it may not be a big issue.
I haven't met anyone that has actually owned a Regal to get firsthand
opinions.

Something just feels better about the Crownline vs. the Regal, which
is odd since I usually prefer more space. I would love to come across
someone who has owned both, but I doubt I'll be that lucky :-).

Also -- list price on the Crownline is around $116,000 loaded with
"Boat Show" pricing around $83,000 (w/o trailer). This in the Dallas,
Texas area. How much (if any) negotiating room do I have off "boat
show" price??

TIA