DownTime

Default New Jersey refueling question......

It depends, but my guess is most marinas will discourage or flat out deny
you. Look at it from their perspective for a minute. Do you bring your own
food to a restaurant and ask to use their kitchen? How much gas are you
talking about? Are you really saving that much money in terms of the time
and effort to port a few gallons?

If you save .50 on 30 gallons, you are at $15. I look at it this way, I have
limited amount of time to enjoy my boat, so why waste any of it? My time is
more valuable to me than the amount I save by doing it all myself. Think of
what you might save in that regard the next time you get to the marina and
your boat is gassed and ready for you to step on and go.

p.s. I now have my boat behind my house on a lift, but I used to keep one at
a marina.

"Jodon2" wrote in message
I'm sorry for being off topic but I cant seem to get an answer to my

question.
Hoping other boaters will help. I just bought a boat and it is in a

municipal
area with slips, not a marina. Can I refuel the boat out of 5 gal approved
cans? I hate paying $1.99 a gal at a marina. What is the law if any.

Thanks,
Joe. Sorry for being off topic.