Secular Humorist Secular Humorist is offline

Default Throw his ass in jail!!!

On 9/20/10 8:16 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:38:23 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

A biometric trigger lock is not easy to defeat. Please tell us how. I'd be
curious to know.

There are dozens of designs but they all culminate in a solenoid that
allows the sear to move. Once you take the gun apart it is trivial to
figure out which way you need to make that go and just wedge it that
way. (super glue, remove and replace with a paper clip, whatever)
These things are really designed for cops who are worried about losing
their gun in a fight and being shot by it right then, not for someone
who has the time to take the gun apart and defeat it.
The problem is most cops I know value reliability far beyond the
chance they might drop their gun and they want it as simple as they
can get it. They do not want to trust their life on a complicated
electronic circuit and a more complicated action. That is why most
cops like the Glock double action trigger design with NO safety. My
Ruger KP90 is the same way, no safety. (The P in KP is for Police).
You carry the gun, hammer down on a live cylinder and the first round
is fired "double action".

Last time I read up on Glocks, the factory was installing the typical
semi-auto mechanical safety on request on firearms to be issued to some
domestic and overseas police departments. The one thing I did not like
about my Glock 34 was the lack of a mechanical safety.

My CZ SP-01 Shadow Custom has ambi safeties and is single acton, with a
straight trigger with a 2.5 pound pull. It's significantly more accurate
for me than my old Glock 34, seems to fire faster, and is safer in my
carry holster. It's also steel, so there's even less muzzle flip.