Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] is offline

Default Ping Larry

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:49:16 +0200, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

I don't know why you bother to look for DC driven display.. They will be very expensive and as you know rare. I have purchased a
sinusoidal DC to AC converter. It is high quality, electrically quiet and 88% efficient. Your LCD screen needs about 35 watts.
What problem?
Steve

"CaveLamb" wrote in message news
Gordon wrote:
Any advice on a boat computer? I think you bought a notebook a while back. Good , bad, ugly?
Thanks

We'll have to wait to see what Lary says.

I've been leaning toward a mini-ITX fanless system - with a fan in the case
and a 12 volt power supply.

Heat is nearly as bad for electronics as water.
So we are running in a hostile environment.

The other issue is mounting. An ITX case is small and can be tucked in
almost any corner. The display can be wall mounted.
No need to take up precious horizontal filing space.

The screen is still a problem for me.
I've yet to find one at a reasonable price that runs on 12 volts.

--

Richard Lamb

The first flat screen TV's I saw all were 12VDC. Has a brick power
supply like a laptops. Now they all have built in ... progress I
guess.

I wonder whether they are still 12 VDC internally?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)