BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default Throw his ass in jail!!!

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:32:31 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 12:03:52 -0400, Secular Humorist
wrote:

On 9/19/10 11:36 AM,
wrote:

I still have about a half gallon and that is a lifetime supply. I did
shoot some under the slab on my addition.
The right mix would have been more like a couple tablespoons in a
gallon of water but read the label. It came in several concentrations
but that was overkill for bees.

We don't use any pesticides, and certainly don't want anything around
that would kill bees. The bees are having a tough enough time. We do put
up traps for the damned Japanese beetles, though...and they only attract
the beetles.

I humored him about "ground bees". They were probably hornets. (yellow
jackets). They are still beneficial on some way but they are not the
endangered honey bees we are in trouble over.

I am pretty much a live and let live guy but if there was a nest of
yellow jackets in my yard that were a danger to my grandkids, they
would have to go.

You don't need poison to do this. You should clean out your yard of food
they like to eat and use traps to catch the queen. You can even use boric
acid.

It is pretty hard to eliminate food for a yellow jacket. They eat
bugs.
Boric acid is poison but I agree it is safer than most. Usually you
use it in baits. That is certainly the best way to control ants.

What do you do about termites food source. Your house is built from
termite food. A little bit of Chlordane around the foundation will save
the homeowners a tremendous amount of money in the future.