nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default Throw his ass in jail!!!

wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:16:55 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

You still can't ignore the fact that one for one, cars kill more
people than guns.

We have a lot more guns than cars and the death toll is about 20%
higher with cars. in spite of the fact that cars are about the most
highly regulated things in the country. We license the cars, we
license the users, we regulate the manufacturers, we recall defective
cars, improve the safety of the roads and we patrol the roads with
hundreds of thousands of cops 24/7.

If you take out suicide and criminal on criminal murders guns are not
even in the running. Swimming pools kill a lot more kids under 5 than
guns.
What is your solution?

Sounds like your solution is to stop regulating cars. Cars kill more
people
because more people in the US use cars per day/per week/per year than
people
use guns.

No but where is the outrage when someone runs over a kid with a car?
They certainly are not looking for jail time if the driver is not a 3
time loser drunk.

Not necessarily. It depends on the circumstances, obviously.

Why would you take criminal murder of guns off the table when considering
gun deaths?

Because criminals do not care about gun laws. It has exactly zero
effect on how they do business. If you banned guns, it would only give
them another lucrative business to get into.
Name one thing that has ever been banned and became unavailable.

Actually it does. Mostly, unfortunately after the fact of the crime, but
that's better than nothing. The point is to reduce the number of guns
available... to secure them better as well.

It's not a matter of being unavailable. It's a matter of no longer being
used or minimally being used. Few things are absolute, except maybe vodka.