Dick Locke

Default slip or mooring costs

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:11:30 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

OK forgot to say - fixed docks with short finger piers but our slip
has a full length dock beside it. We have only about 2 foot tides
there though so a fixed dock isn't so bad.

Fixed docks with a 2-foot normal tide are usually OK but I had two
incidents with them...once the tide was so low the boat had grounded
in the slip and I couldn't get from the dock to the deck till the tide
came in.
Then in Mobile, the storm surge from TS Isidore was about three feet
above normal high tide causing all sorts of line adjustment problems
and the docks to go under water for a few hours.