Secular Humorist[_3_] Secular Humorist[_3_] is offline

Default the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On 9/14/10 10:49 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:27:26 -0400, "Harry ?"
wrote:

Speaking of soft car market. Went to get my cars oil changed at the local
L/M dealer and didn't see a single car buying customer the whole time I was
there.

I am on my way to the dealer to get a timing belt for my old Prelude.
That was $1000 a couple years ago(I passed). They are going to do it
for $560 today with a coupon. The parts are almost $200 and it is a
miserable job on a Prelude (there is no wheel well cover to remove,
the strut support is right there). Those boys are hungry.

Holy schnitt. I had the belt replaced on my 4Runner about a year ago and
it was *only* $329. Got the old belt back, and it had no visible wear.

Recently replaced the blade drive belt on the Husqvarna lawn tractor
(the model SW Tom says doesn't exist :) )...belt was $35 and putting it
on was a royal pain in the ass.