Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default slip or mooring costs

On 24 Feb 2004 18:17:37 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:12:10 -0800, "Steve" said:

I always wondered what boaters paid in and around the Big Apple.

There are places for considerably less on City Island in the Bronx. Around
$23 a foot with launch service. In Jersey City you pay a lot for quick
access from the City. If I remember correctly, hauling in Jersey City runs
about another $50 a foot.

That is a mooring, not a slip. In any case, City Island is a long trip
by public transportation. Taxis would easily eat up the difference in
price, and take a lot longer than the PATH to NJ.

I don't know what hauling in JC costs I take Gjo/a to Mamaroneck for
haulout.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Never eat more in a single day than your head weighs." --Jim Harrison