Jere Lull

Default ICW -- In Danger

In article ,
Harry Krause wrote:

Dave wrote:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:05:03 GMT, (Norm) said:

I bet in the end the cost of maintaining all of these waterways will
be passed down to the people who use them. "User Fees". If you pass
thru, you pay a fee. It will soon be too expensive for most of us.
Back to being a rich man's sport? That will also solve some of the
pollution problems and most importantly, we lose some more of our
freedom. There are lots of places that ban anchoring or you have to
pay a fee to anchor. The ICW is most likely next in line to see these
user fees passed down to boaters.

Let's all hurry and jump in to defend boaters' divine right to have the
costs of their sport paid from the taxpayers' pockets. That's the American
way. Having to pay your own freight would be downright unAmerican.

I vote to have the thousands of dollars of my tax payments going over to
Iraq and being flushed down that toilet instead be used for maintenance
of the ICW.

I want all the MARINE fees and taxes (state and federal) used for MARINE
purposes!

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages: