Rosalie B.

Default slip or mooring costs

x-no-archive:yes

Dick Locke wrote:

On 24 Feb 2004 07:29:39 -0800, (Parallax)
wrote:

I am curious about slip or mooring costs around the country. Please
reply telling the costs in your area and whether it is a slip or
mooring and what that provides and if there are any other costs.

Carrabelle, FL
I pay $159/month for a slip at a fixed dock .5 miles from open water.
I have access to power and water. No pump out facility. There are no
other charges. Of course, my boat stays in the slip all year. I am
certain that if I looked nearby I could find a private dock for less
than $100/month but I like being right in Carrabelle.

Other data that would help make comparisons easy....docks fixed or
floating? Single or double finger slips? Fingers full length?

If you are going to ask about floating docks, you need to also know
about whether the tides make them necessary IMHO. Some places
(Charleston) fixed docks would be crazy. Some places, it's just a
nice extra to have floating docks.

Having said that, about $7.00 per foot for a slip in central SF Bay.
Double finger, full length, floating, free water, metered electricity,
free pumpouts. Wireless internet available for $30.

I paid ~$5.50 per foot in Mobile for single finger, not floating, not
full length, electricity extra, free water, no pumpout station.

grandma Rosalie