nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message

"JustWaitAFrekinMinute!" wrote in
message
On Sep 10, 3:44 pm, "Harry ?" wrote:
wrote in message

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:06:24 -0700, jps wrote:

Maybe it is time for a real thrust to buy American but that never
really takes off when you see the price tags.

Really? I bought a 23 year old german car rather than a new American
car. Why? Quality. The 23 year old car rides, drives better
despite
lacking 23 years of technical progress.

The 23 year old car was more expensive than most modern American
boxes
but it won't depreciate like the American pieces of crap.

I'd much rather purchase a superior American product, even at a
higher
price. They aren't offered anymore because cheap **** imported by
Walmart, Target and others have flooded the shelves.

You just said two different things.

He just loves his German screw drivers. I wonder if there are any
quality
American toolmakers left?- Hide quoted text -

It is difficult to find a lot of items of any quality anymore, even if
you spend the dollars. From clothes, to services, to restraunts...
Nobody cares enough about quality to build it, and our (Americans)
interest in it went out the window decades ago...

Whoops... wholesale inventories rise - seven months in a row. It must be
Obama's fault!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=127901911

Retail ain't buying.

You didn't even read the article. Inventories are up. Buying is sluggish,
but the seven month rise in inventories is a very good sign, as much as
you'd like to think otherwise.