Rich Hampel

Default More Tayana stuff

Mast rake is usually the LAST thing to be adjusted vs. weather helm.
The first thing is draft position (halyard tension) then Backstay
tension (forestay tension), and Sail Shape, mast pre-bend, etc. etc.
etc.
Most 'cruisers' have NO idea how to shape and set a sail or what
shaping tensions (halyard,outhaul, etc.) to apply.

In article , Wendy
wrote:

"Rich Hampel" wrote in message

(lots of good stuff snipped)

Too bad the winds were not 'up' as thats when the TY37 is at her best.

Yeah, I'd like to try her in a breeze, and I'd like to try her in a bit of a
sea. Galveston Bay is kinda like a lake, really. From the Tayana mailling
list I am given to understand that mast rake has a lot to do with weather
helm. I suppose it's a matter of tuning, really- a tweak here and there
until one has the boat set up the way one wants. I'll have to wait until I
have my own for that...

Wendy