Wendy

Default More Tayana stuff

"Dan Best" wrote in message
news:Aef_b.378243$xy6.2020117@attbi_s02...

One of the things we REALLY like about ours, that no one says much about
is the huge amount of acessible storage. Everywhere you look, there are
more drawers, cupboards and lockers. After owning a Catalina 30, where
whatever you were after, whether it was a spare part or another can of
evaporated milk, you had to dig for it, that is especially sweet. Don't
get me wrong, I'm not bad mouthing the Catalina. We sure loved ours.
But it does make you appreciate boats like the Tayana.

Interestingly, the guy who showed me the boat for sale went from a Catalina
30 to the Tayana, and he said EXACTLY the same thing! His layout does not
have a quarterberth, which didn't seem to have a lot of impact on the
interior roominess. Under the cockpit there is consequently a vast expanse;
he installed a Yanmar/Kohler 4kw genset down there with little impact on the
storage capacity, and the accessibility is awesome. Inside the boat, as you
know, there are drawers and lockers in every conceivable location, the
chainplates are accessible, there's no problem getting at the stuff in the
bilges, the galley is sensibly set up...

I am sure there are "better" boats out there than the Tayana 37. But I
don't think there is a better value out there; IMHO this boat is quite
simply the most bang for the buck for the serious cruiser or cruising couple
looking to spend less than $100,000.

Wendy