Jere Lull

Default getting the work done

In article ,
(Parallax) wrote:

Of course you are right, however, this is th efirst time I have been
able to afford to have somebody else work on my boat and I feel like I
have sold out and become a yachtie, whats next, deck shoes and stupid
nautical clothes.

However, last year I did put in a new engine and replaced all the
standing rigging etc. so cannot kick myself too much.

There comes a time when it's appropriate to put a price on your time.

Certain jobs I do because I want to. The routine, boring stuff that I
might not have the right tools for, I give away. I'm told I can drop our
mast single-handed. No thanks, the crane looks safer.

'Course my next job is to replace a structural bulkhead.... But I used
to be a cabinent maker, so I actually have the tools & skill already.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages: