nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default Another oil rig explodes in the Gulf

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:24:08 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Jordon" wrote in message

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/rescue-efforts-underway-after-oil-rig-accident-in-gulf/?hpt=T2

Drill baby drill
Burn baby burn
Lie baby lie

This may actually be an example of the system working.
If the reports are right there were no fatalities and no oil was
spilled. That is better than the normal drive time experience in your
major city. Oil rig worker is a safer job than cab driver

I have been on rigs in that area. IIRC, I would guess the water to be no
more than 200' deep, which doesn't compare to the 10,000 or so for the
other one. They can get a floater in there REAL QUICK to do some
remediation like drilling and placing a plug.

When I worked on rigs from '74 to '80, there were several fires and
capsizings and collapses. It was common. Also common was dumping
cuttings overboard which resulted in a sheen for miles, but back then, the
tree huggers hadn't gotten out that far, or got to be so strong.

Glad to see the system worked pretty well, and happy that all the men are
safe. That's the main thing.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery

So, dumping crap in the ocean is fine with you. Sheesh.

Fires, explosions, people having to be rescued... if that's a system that
works, I'd hate to be around a system that didn't.