rhys

Default To Canada without a valid (current) passport?

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:31:59 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Britain doesn't issue it's own passports anymore?
Sad days!

That's certainly my impression as a dual Canadian/British citizen. As
my Canadian passport is expiring this month, I am getting the Canadian
(five year) and the British/EU (ten year) reissued at the same
time...easier to remember that way, as for political and economic
reasons I want to maintain a fingertip-hold in European citizenship,
particularly as I plan to world cruise with a Canadian wife and kid in
the next eight to 10 years.

I believe Britain, which didn't opt for the euro, has had the red EU
small heavy-stock passports with a British coat of arms on the front,
just like 15 or so other Euro countries. You're right...I will miss
the heavy pasteboard royal blue UK passport, which was recognizable at
fifty feet and passed muster everywhere but, say, Argentina, in the
last 25 years.

R.