Clams Canino

Default Boat Steering (tiller vs wheel)

My thoughts too..... sounds dangerous.

-W (feels 50hp is MAX for tiller)

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:48:42 GMT, "Lee Maxwell"
wrote:
Would appreciate any comments as to the pros and cons of tiller steering.
Have been fishing out of 18ft fiberglass for last ten years but will be
changing to aluminum deep V type boat. I have switched from bass fishing

crappie (spring, fall and winter) and catfish in the summer. Would be
interested in comments from someone that fishes out of say a Lund 1775

Pro V
type with a 80 HP tiller steering motor.

I have never seen an 80 HP tiller steered outboard but it sounds like
it would be a lot to handle. There is a LOT of torque reaction on a
motor that large and if it gets away from you at speed, things will
get dangerous real quickly.