GASNER

Default To Canada without a valid (current) passport?

Subject: To Canada without a valid (current) passport?
From: "Steve"
Date: 2/20/04 1:03 PM Central Standard Time
Starting to look at things that need to be done before cruising up The
Inside Passage to Alaska this summer.

I just checked my passport and find that it expires next month.. As I
understand it, I don't have to have a valid passport to go into Canada, etc.
However, with the current border security, would it be worth the $150 to
have my passport renewed??

Also, how long does it now take to renew a current passport??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

There is an internet ripoff site (don't remember the name) that charges a bunch
for U.S.Govt. Data, that you don't need.

Go to your local approved (some are, some are not. ask them) U.S.Postoffice and
you can do the whole application in one trip (if you bring an 'approved'
passport photo) for less than $100.

Earl