Ken Heaton

Default Refrigerator Fan

Comments Below:

"Rick & Linda Bernard" wrote in message
Anyone use a small fan in their fridge to help stabilize the temperatures.
I have seen a battery powered one. Any comment on their effectiveness.

Practical Sailor did a review of a rather expensive (to me) fridge fan (Tube
Fan, US$135.00) in the January 15th, 2004 (Vol. 30, #2). It draws only 1.2
amps at 12 volts. Stainless steel fasteners, non corrosive construction.
They found it to be very effective, evening out internal temperatures and
increasing the efficiency of the system (in this case a thermoelectric
unit). http://www.offshoresystems.us/fan2.htm
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada